Fresh Start exists to help anybody who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and needs support to make positive life changes.
Vulnerable people with chaotic lifestyles or in crisis often need immediate help, support, and stability to address complex issues such as homelessness, debt and financial insecurity, offending behaviours, relationships, unemployment, mental health, drug and alcohol addiction. All accommodation is fully furnished including white goods.
Many of our clients will have more than one need (e.g. they might be dependent on drugs as well as being homeless) and unless these issues are dealt with, they are unlikely to achieve sustainable and successful transformation in their lives.
The purpose of Fresh Start is to enable clients to develop the confidence and ability to lead a fully independent life with family and community relationships. We do more than just provide accommodation, we provide support, advice, challenge behaviour, and connect clients with the additional external support needed to empower them to tackle the other issues in their lives.
We offer a full support “wrap-a-round” service for our clients that includes:
- A range of supported community housing including single or shared accommodation and homes for families
- A bespoke wrap-around support package for clients
- Personalised development plans
- Training opportunities and mentoring for practical work-based skills leading to accredited qualifications
- Volunteering opportunities both internally and externally with our partner organisations to develop skills and to work within communities
- We will work with groups of clients to build personal resilience, confidence and behaviour change
- Work with partner agencies to support mental health and tackle substance addiction
- Support with family contact and relationships that may have broken down
- Faith and spiritual support from our chaplain